Okeafor’s Facemask vs Packers Draws a Fine

Mike Sando of ESPN reports that Chike Okeafor has earned a fine from the league for a facemask last Sunday:

Chike Okeafor’s facemask penalty against the Packers in Week 17 drew a $7,500 fine from the NFL. Okeafor earned $4.5 million in salary this season. That works out to $264,705.90 in salary per week over a 17-week season.

The fine works out to 2.83 percent of one game check. Sort of puts that $7,500 figure in perspective, doesn’t it? It’s the equivalent of an $83.33 fine for someone earning $50,000 a year.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Cardinals Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

10 Responses to “Okeafor’s Facemask vs Packers Draws a Fine”

1. TMS says:

Card Fans:

If we get behind by more than 14 points, it is time to put Matt Leinert in. If you do not believe me, believe the results of Saturday’s playoff games.

Warner is good, but he cannot throw the long ball. He is good for one payoff game, but like me he is athlete that needs rest between games.

You think you know athletes and recovery? Think again.

TMS aka HRD

2. nobody.really says:

Speaking of facemasking, what happened in the last play of the Cardinals/Packers game? It sure looked like Green Bay’s quarterback got facemasked big-time. Did anyone else catch that? Is there some special rule about facemasking QBs?

• JMH3 says:

I saw the facemask, who didn’t but the refs?
      The ball was already gone from his hands by then, still should,could have been called.
      But when you look at how the Cards got screwed by bad calls in the Super Bowl last season, it’s like poetic justice.
      The NFL isn’t perfect but sometimes you have to wonder.

3. JMH3 says:

Packers Fans are all about this, boo-hoo,we got screwed by a missed call. The ball was already gone from his hands before the guy had the grille, he was hit, lost the ball, then the facemask pic happened.
    All I can say is, welcome to the NFL and read my previous post.

• cardpro says:

JMH3,

You’re right. Calls are missed all over the league, all the time. But, our victory was based on something about as random tonight. It sucks to be a realist and a Cards fan, but we’re going to have to enjoy the luck of our victory tonight, because, as we were playing, it happend only about 2 minutes before something just as random and season-ending happened to win the game for Green Bay. Warner has been heroized in this game over last week, but if this is all he’s offering, we should take advantage of our chance to celebrate before the enter the real world, aka “first round of playoffs”.

• JMH3 says:

Yea, calls, bad and good seem to be random these days. I was surprised they didn’t call the little guy for that but all eyes were on the ball and the TD. The ball was gone before the facemask happened, maybe if they had called the TD back we would have lost but, I assume you saw the SuperBowl last season and a bit of payback is just fine with me.
        I absolutely hate the “Sudden Death” OT in the NFL, it’s just unfair to the losing team to lose to a lucky play. It should be done the way it is in college.

4. JMH3 says:

Matt Leinart? I dunno myself, comments?

5. Greg says:

I dont care about lasts year superbowl and arizona getting screwed, you had no right to be there in the first place. You were a cinderella storie and you deserved to lose for the poor showing that you did. We live in the now retard and the fact is you won on a face mask that didnt get called on,oh and by the way Dont know what game you were watching but the cuased the fumble idiot, besides what about right before that with the holding call. I didnt see a helmet to helmet call against arizona(again luck). I guess thats arizonas way of winning games, only one real talented player on the team and hes most likely embarresed to be a cardinal. Hope you dont make it all the way this year, be another boring superbowl watching you get your ass kicked AGAIN. Question how many superbowl titles do you hold agian. How many national chapionships, got you guys really do have pathetic franchise history. Dont hate just the truth. Not even a GB fan